At Weston Hills Church of England Primary School we strive to support all children to enable them to achieve at school. In order to do this many steps are taken to support them through their learning journey. At Weston Hills quality teaching is vital; however, for some children there are occasions when further additional support may be required to help them achieve their targets.
This is where the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Team Step in.
The SEND team consists of;
- Mrs Rebecca Edgeley - Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENDCO)
- Mrs Sally Alexander - Head of Pastoral Care
This team is supported by the dedicated Head teacher, teachers and teaching assistants within school.
Our main objectives at Weston Hills are to;
- Ensure all pupils have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- Provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual's needs and ability
- Ensure the identification of all pupils requiring SEND provision as early as possible in their primary career
- Ensure that SEND pupils take as full a part as possible in all school activities
- Liaise with outside agencies, when this would be beneficial, in order to access further specialist support for pupils and parents
At Weston Hills we firmly believe in developing a strong partnership with parents/carers and that this will enable children and young people with SEND to achieve their potential. The school recognises that parents/carers have a unique overview of their child's needs and how best to support them, and that this gives them a key role in the partnership. Parents/carers hold key information and have a critical role to play in their children's education.
As of September 2014, all schools are required to publish details of its school offer as stated in the Code of Practice 2014, detailing support for pupils with special educational needs and/or a disability to compliment the Lincolnshire Local Authority Local Offer. Below are details of the current school offer at Weston Hills and the Local Offer for Lincolnshire. This is set out in a series of questions. Please click on the link below to see Weston Hills Local Offer.
Please see the attached links for the latest course at Gosberton House School which helps / advises schools and parents on autism through their Outreach Service.
- SEND Wider Update June 14
- SEND Wider Newsletter April 14
- GHS Outreach Booklet
- Autism Seminars Information Leaflet
- Autism Seminars Application From
- Autism - After Diagnosis
- Lincolnshire Parent Carer Forum
- SEND Implementation Project Newsletter
- SEND Reforms Newsletter Sep 14
- SEND Early Help Update Sep 14
- Accessibility Policy
School Nursing Team Websites